Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Coaster Fun

Today I wanted to share with you a coaster project. I love coasters, and I love glitter so it is the perfect combination.


Products used:

Art Glitter: #329 Egyptian Blue Ultrafine Opaque Hologram, #291 Fire Engine Ultrafine Opaque, & #200 Fog Ultrafine Transparent
Dreamweaver Stencils: LJ 806 Hexagons
Soap
Sticky Paper
Set of blank Coasters


First start by cutting your sticky paper to the size of the coaster. Adhere the sticky paper to each coaster.

Soap the back of the stencil. Peel off the tape from the sticky paper and place the stencil on it. Be sure the stencil is attached firmly.



Pour your chosen color onto the stencil. Here it is shown with Fire Engine.
 And here in Egyptian Blue

Tap off excess glitter (you can also rub the glitter in to make sure it sticks before you tap it off) and flip over the coaster and peel back the stencil.

Then pour on your second color of glitter. I chose to use Fog.
Rub it in with your fingers than tap off the excess glitter.

If I had epoxy I would have coated these with them, but I did not, so I shot them with several coats of clear acrylic spray paint. Epoxy would give it that super thick sheen.




And there you have it! Super sparkly coasters! Be sure to stop by my blog, oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com for more glittery goodness!




No comments:

Post a Comment