Saturday, October 6, 2012

Bangle and Butterflies

One of my favorite things about Fall is Monarch Butterflies.  For the last few years, my daughter and I have collected Monarch caterpillars and kept them until they emerged as beautiful butterflies.  It is really a wonderful miracle to watch and I highly recommend it!  In honor of these beautiful creatures I have created several projects this month with a butterfly theme.  I am thrilled to share this Glittered Butterfly Bangle project with you.

For this project I used:  Bangle blank from DIY Bangles, Copper metallic acrylic paint, Distressed Inks - Forest Moss & Bundled Sage,  Palette Ink - Noir, Happily Grateful Stamps from Red Rubber Designs, Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive, Art Glitter Ultra Fine Opaque Gliter - #56 Pumpkin, Acrylic sealer.


Start by painting the inside of the bangle with copper acrylic paint.

Use a dauber or make-up sponge to sponge a mix of distressed ink on the outside of the bangle.  

Use the same distressed inks to stamp leaves randomly around the bangle.


Use Black Palette ink to stamp butterflies around the bracelet in a random pattern.  


Using a fine tip on the DDCA, fill the blank areas of the butterfly wings with adhesive.


Coat the adhesive with Ultrafine Glitter

Continue with the adhesive and glitter until all of the butterflies have been glittered.

Once the adhesive is dry, finish with a coat of acrylic sealer.

Please visit my blog for more glitter projects!

Thanks!
KC
 


1 comment: