Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Globecraft Memories and Art Glitter

Today's project is in collaboration with Globecraft Memories & Piccolo. I was able to make a beautiful necklace using Art Glitter and Globecraft products!



Products Used:

Art Glitter
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- #525 Brocade Microfine Opaque Glitter
- #335 Sun Ray Chunky Opaque Hologram Glitter
- #79 Black Ultrafine Opaque Glitter

Globecraft Memories & Piccolo
- Piccolo Flower Drop Charm Set (F012)
- Glastique Gloss Finishing Glaze
- Cool-Set Enamel Gel in Cobalt Turquoise
- Vintage Gold Bail for Attaching Charm to Necklace
- Black Real Silk Cord Necklace with Lobster Claw Clasp

I started with the Drop Charm Set and used one of the smaller charms. I then used the Cool-Set Enamel Gel on the flower petals and let completely dry.


Then I used Designer Dries Clear Adhesive and applied it the swirls. Then applied Black Art Glitter.
 Next was to make the center of the flowers. I placed small dots of Designer Dries Clear Adhesive in the center of each flower. I used the Chunky Opaque Hologram Glitter and covered the dots and shook it off. I LOVE this chunky hologram glitter!
 Last on the glitter part, I used Microfine Opaque Glitter for the border. I brushed Designer Dries Clear Adhesive onto the border and covered it with the glitter, shook it off and brushed the access off the rest of the charm. I love how all the different types of glitter look together.
I let it all dry then added Glastique Gloss over the entire charm.
I let it dry, then flipped it over and coated the rest of the charm with Cool-Dry Enamel
I added the bail and necklace cord to the charm and put it on!

This was such a fun project. I have always wanted to make jewelry, but had no idea where to start. Globecraft Memories made it super easy to make my own pieces, and even better that I could add Art Glitter to the piece to make it truly one of a kind!

Be sure to stop over at my personal blog, http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com to see another project using Art Glitter and Globecraft Memories!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of mixing the gel with the glitter! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete