Thursday, February 28, 2013

Glittering Mosaics



Linda here with a cute little technique for glittering mosaics. Using scraps of pattern paper I cut 1-inch squares with my paper trimmer. These could be easily punched as well with a 1-inch square punch.


After all the squares were cut I ran them through the Xyron 2.5" Create-a-Sticker to put adhesive on the backside. Then I flipped the Xyron sticker sheet over and ran it through the machine again so the adhesive would be on both sides of the squares.

For this project I used Art Glitter Desert 266 and Goldenrod 305 Ultrafine Transparent glitters. I had several colors out but then opted to use only two contrasting colors. It was easy to put the glitters on the squares by simply pouring a good amount of each glitter into bead trays and using tweezers to dip the squares enough to coat one side.



I then placed them evenly apart on a background piece of paper and cut it down to fit an A2 card front when done. I actually started this as a scrapbook page (above) but it wasn't working for me so I switched over to a greeting card. I matted the mosaic paper and wrapped it with a pretty May Arts ribbon before adhering it to the card.


It still needed an embellishment so I reached for my good ol' corrugated heart stand-by and roughed it up a bit before brushing on some Designer Dries Clear and sprinkled it with some of the same glitters.

 
Sparkle On!
Linda


1 comment:

  1. Love this technique. Looks very nice. Could you use double stick paper to accomplish the same effect?

    ReplyDelete